Home Forums Share Inspirations and Ideas DIY Lattice Balloon Backdrop

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Korean 1st Birthday 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Originally posted by Audrey’s Mom 12/1/11

One of my college students at church did the lattice balloon backdrop for my daughters dol. I thought i’d share how to do it in an inexpensive way without hiring a professional. It’s pretty easy, but requires some muscle (pumping up the balloons.)

Things you need:
    1. Link O Loon Balloons in 12″
    2. center balloons should be 5″ non link O loon balloons.
    3. Hand pump- to blow the balloons up, you can use a helium tank but if you’re doing it as a wall decor it isn’t necessary, and it’s a waste of money. You can buy them at target for about $2.00
    4. At least one other person to help you

How to video:
    http://youtu.be/YgX203mAvoQ

1.Watch the video and see how they created a column.
    2. Create 2 columns with the same amount of balloons
    3. Tie the ends of the balloons together (two bottom balloons, and 2 top balloons.)
    4. then twist the “joint” (where the 2 balloons are tied together) between the second and third balloon once or twice around so that they “stick” together and do this with every other balloon row.
    5. Keep making 2 colums and joining them together to fit the size you want
    6. To join your columns of 2 together (to form 4 columns) you will knot the “joint” of the first and second balloon with the joint of another column.
    * sorry i’m trying to explain this, the best way possible. Please look at my picture below to get an idea of what im saying.
    Keep knoting the joints together at every other joint until you have successfully put 4 columns together.
    I recommend putting the smaller center 5″ balloons on last since it’s easier that way.
    7. Blow up your smaller center piece balloons and tie them on to each joint.

HELPFUL TIPS:
    *when blowing up the balloon you want to make sure you pump the balloons to equal sizes as to not create an off kilter wall. So keep track of how many times you pump the balloon each time and this will ensure that you have approximately the same size balloon all around.
    * I used tape to attach the balloon lattice to the wall.
    * the balloons stayed intact overnight so I didn’t have to do it the day of
    * I use approximately 100 pink balloons, not sure about the white ones, but you can always return what you don’t use.
    * I recommend practicing before hand so that you aren’t screwed the day of!

[code]

September 19, 2013 at 12:03 am #3239

someone said these can be bought online? any idea where?

September 19, 2013 at 8:59 pm #3240

Have you tried Little Seouls Party?  They can recreate one just like this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.